Saturday, July 10, 2010

"MY" Community!

This week the students worked to make maps of their own communities. We discussed the various parts of Philadelphia and how the city is intertwined with the rivers that run though and around it. They learned how to make cognitive maps and then used Google Maps to create a digital copy of their communities.

Ninaflore Gbegnon

View all the places i visited! in a larger map

Shanice Heard

View My community in a larger map

Nasir Hall

View My Saved Places in a larger map

Nasherra Hinton

View Nasherra's community in a larger map

Joshua Hall

View Josh`s Area in a larger map

John Hayes

View Community in a larger map


1 comment:

  1. I'd love to know how students were instructed to make their cognitive maps (before they put them on google.) I've asked students to remember how they got from their house to school at age 8 or 9 to make them think in terms of edges, landmarks, etc. I'd love to know others' methods. Thanks. Carel

    ReplyDelete